Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wherein I discover that I might be in captivity...

The animals of the Fort Worth Zoo are organized. I don't mean organized as in they use Quicken and squeeze their toothpaste from the bottom, I mean organized as in they are plotting something. It's *so* obvious.

I don't blame them. I wouldn't enjoy having people watch me eat or scratch my bum and then sarcastically mimic my behavior all day long. (Now that I've typed it out like that, maybe I AM in captivity. Aww, CRAP! Am I in captivity?! You guys would tell me if I was in captivity, right?)

[awkward silence]

Aaaaanyway, it was a nice day at the zoo. Lots of animals. Not too many people. Just like I like it.

Caption contest! Here are the rules: 1. Nothing too gross. That's it. Grossness is out. For example, the zebra might be asking, "Do these stripes make my butt look fat?" or one elephant might be telling the other elephant, "Stand really still and they can't see us. Trust me, I saw it on Jurassic Park." Got it? 'Kay, GO!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

9 comments:

Meegan, the Evil Stepmother said...

Lemme think on the captions...but in the meantime...may I point out that you seem to have a knack for getting animals to moon you? Weird.

I wish I was in Texas, too...

Tawny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tawny said...

Elephants. "Did you hear? The people will take pictures of our butts, Yeah, everyone is trying it!"

And yeah I did spend all day coming up with that one :)

Paxton said...

Haha these pictures reminded me of a poster campaign when I was in middle school "say no to butts" meaning cigarette butts of course :-)

Jenn said...

Zebra nervously, "Maybe if I stand here really still, they won't know I am here."

Elephant on the right thinking, "I hate it when they use the urinal right next to me...Dude, move over one, I need some personal space."

Ground hog (or what ever it is), "Well, did you hear what she did to the....she's right behind me isn't she...dang it."

Lisa said...

I totally want to know what comment the author deleted....please.... ;)

Elise said...

The deleted comment:

"Zebra said....
I'm going to sue you, your husband, the people who manufactured your camera, and every person who comments on this *#$!*#@ blog!"

Or maybe this:

"Penguin said....
Yep, zebra's got junk in the trunk. You didn't hear it from me."

Meegan, the Evil Stepmother said...

Its a meerkat....

Jon, btw

Jenn said...

Awww, thanks for the correction.