Sunday, August 21, 2011

NOT a post about what's wrong with Barbies...

...today we're focusing on the positive. Unfortunately, Luckily, I spent an inordinate amount of time in the Barbie aisle this weekend. These are my findings.

Rock Hudson.


There would be a Rock Hudson Barbie. I suspect that when the last of the StuffMart employees go home, little Rock Hudson sneaks out of his box to go hang out with all of the Princess Charm School Ken dolls. Or this guy....

Sweet Talkin' Ultimate Boyfriend Ken:


Where do I even start? "YOU make me talk!" Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. "Record your voice - I say it back in mine!" If only it were so easy. "TRY ME" Bah ha ha ha ha!

It appears that the Mattel people are making strides toward more lifelike dolls. Next I'd like to see "Fourth C-section Barbie" and "Snores Super Loud Ken."

The reason I spent so much time in the Barbie aisle is because Olivia turned six on Saturday. She wanted a Barbie cake. How do you make a Barbie cake? Make a pink cake, slap a Barbie on it, ta-flipping-da! Barbie cake!



I sure love my Livie Livie Lou Fuss Fuss....


Obviously. I can't think of many people in this world for whom I would spend an afternoon in the Barbie aisle.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

3 comments:

Meegan, the Evil Stepmother said...

For a variety of reasons, you are my freaking hero. Snores super loud Ken. . .HA!

I feel awful about not wishing Livey happy birthday-I need to claw my way out of this synthetic hormone-induced pit and be a better aunt. . .

Cathy's Blog said...

Rock Hudson barbie...seriously?? I didn't know they existed!!! Your post was hilarious! Thank you for the entertainment once again. I am back in school and it couldn't be more NOT entertaining!!

Marie Says Yes said...

Rock Hudson barbie? Oh, Elise. We've had the Rock conversation before. But let's have it again sometime!

And I am sick of you and your adorable birthday cakes! At least make mine if you're going to be that way! You're such a cool mom. Sheesh!