Friday, October 30, 2009

Do you think...

Do you think if I made fun of a billionaire that I'd wake up tomorrow morning with a box full of money on my front porch?

Do you think if I made fun of George Clooney that I'd wake up tomorrow with him on my front porch?

Do you think if I made fun of a big gooey cinnamon roll with tons of frosting that one would magically appear?

Probably not, right?

However, that seems to be the case with swine flu.

I made fun of it.

I got it.

Alanis Morrisette was right. It IS ironic.

---UPDATE TIME!---
A special thank you to my wonderful neighbor, Tawny, who has made all of my gooey cinnamon roll dreams come true. I found a nice pan of thickly-frosted cinnamon rolls on my porch with a note that read, "Because sometimes when you make fun of it, it happens. Feel better soon!" Don't I have rad neighbors? Anyway, if anyone wants to follow Tawny's lead I'm still hoping for a box of money and George Clooney. Anyone? Anyone?

3 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

oh, buddy! sending chicken noodle soup thoughts your way. and I really think the whole money/george/cinnamon idea will work. let me know how it goes!

Kathy Habel said...

Bummer. I had it but it wasn't that bad. I was not down in bed ever. Just really tired with a cough and fever. Good luck!

Davis' said...

i hope you feel better soon!