Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Day My Phone Got Dropped in the Toidie, By Elise Haynes

We have had a day, let me tell you, and it's all that chubby little baby's fault.  It all started with me needing to write this thing for this website.  I wrote it and then I didn't like what I wrote, so I rewrote it.  And then I didn't like the rewrite so I went with the original anyway.  Argh.  I was preoccupied.  During this writing and rewriting process, Chancho was playing Angry Birds on my phone. 

I'm too pooped [rimshot!] to tell the whole story, but suffice it to say that my phone got dropped into an unflushed toilet.  And then wiped clean and placed back in my purse by an incredibly penitent four-year-old. 

Fortunately for me, I selected my husband based on his expertise in two areas--pyrotechnics and fixing phones that have been dropped into sewage water.  He put my phone into a Ziploc bag of rice, which will supposedly draw the moisture out of the phone.  (I would've thought this was a job for the jasmine rice--it's kind of Asian, Asians make electronics.  DJ went with the long grain white rice.  He's the expert, I guess.)

Pray for my phone, guys.  I need it to see all of the stuff on Pinterest that I could do if I didn't spend all of my time on Pinterest.

5 comments:

Paxton said...

I hope it works! It's worked for us on wii remotes, jordan's phone and gps... but there was no sewage involved.... :-P
Did you smell the phone? Is that how you knew?
Too bad we didn't try the rice with out laptop! :-(

AggieMay said...

please whatever you do promise me the rice will go straight to the garbage and not end up part of lunch. ew.

i hope your phone lives again.

word verification: knines= what keights hope to be someday.

Anne said...

I was there when this happened - suffice to say that baby DJ was indeed a penitent little boy! My heart was breaking in a million little pieces for him - he truly is the stuff that Strippling Warriors are made of.... I love you little guy!
To Elise and DJ - please drop the nickname soon - a Warrior named Chancho is just not right! LOL

Jenn said...

Pinterest...I can't tell if I am relieved or sad that I am not on pinterest.

Yes! I am now in the 13th ward. I am no longer the Primary President! And I am no longer in the cool crowd.

Meegan, the Evil Stepmother said...

Dude. This TOTALLY beats my "scriptures in the dirty laundry" whinefest. My condolences.