Monday, May 7, 2012

Baptism story & a recipe, as promised.

My oldest child was baptized on Saturday - my Macey Bella, whose middle name was chosen BEFORE the Twilight craze, for the record.

I love baptisms. Watching Macey's baptism was sweet with just a little bitter. She's growing up too quickly for my taste. Besides that, I love witnessing something so pure and so happy in this world that tends so much toward the negative and dark.



You know how people like to debate religion and argue about the details? And it always leaves you feeling nasty when you are a part of it? I have never left a baptism with that feeling. Just happiness. I think there's something to that.

Remember how last time I promised a yummy recipe? Well. You are in for a treat. Ingredients:

Sweet coconut frozen yogurt
crumbled Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
crushed Heath bars
chocolate rocks
mango and strawberry flavored boba bubble thingies
one enormous red mountain
sunshine
happiness

Combine and let sit for one hour.

You may find yourself asking, But where do I find all of these ingredients, and in the same place? At The Adobe Icebox in Ivins, Utah! Get yourself down there. Get yourself a cup of yogurt with all the fixins. Sit at the foot of the Red Mountain and marvel at the beauty of God's creations.

Don't forget to tell them Elise sent you.

They'll be like, "Who's Elise?"

And you'll be like, "Psht! Who's Elise?!"

And then it might be awkward for a second, so just pay for your frozen yogurt and don't make eye contact.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't live anywhere near Utah, but now I really want to try that yogurt! I love your blog, it always puts a smile on my face.

Marie Says Yes said...

ah, baptism. so special for mommy's.