Here are some other things I've tried this week:
- yelling at my kids
- yelling at my husband
- flipping people off in traffic, even though my car has a peace sign on the back window
- eating an entire box of Hot Tamales
- eating an entire box of Samoas
- getting my hair dyed
- pulling weeds
- writing a strongly-worded letter
- calling the How's My Driving 1-800 number to complain about another driver
Unbelievably, none of these tactics are working.
I've discovered one thing that does work: talking. I finally had to do the unthinkable and unload, I mean, confide in a friend (hi Jenn!). She sent some excellent advice of the sort that made me cry and realize what I really need to do (be forgiving and pray).
My parents are getting a divorce. (I figure since I finally told my kids, I can tell my three devoted readers.) I'm too cheap for therapy. This is where you guys come in.
Maybe what I'm really looking for here is an excuse to dance with reckless abandon.
How do you guys deal with pent up anger?
In other news, Chancho tried to "move the park" this week:
The park didn't budge.
And I babynapped the cutest baby named Jack: