Friday, May 17, 2013

The Kentucky countdown

I feel like a cockroach under the enormous shoe of the universe this week.
 
Do you ever have one of those weeks where everything falls apart? That was this week. Unfortunately, with the exception of the jerkwad bee that stung me on Wednesday, all of my problems are of my own making. We're not going to dwell on the negative, though. It's too much of a bummer.
 
Moving on.
 
Here are some funny pictures of Tess:
That night she fell asleep on the couch at 6:00 so I left her there. Do not judge. I am in survival mode here. Anyway, she wandered into the kitchen around 10:00 with this hair and her blankie, searching for water. I think she is one of the four cutest children to ever live.
 
This was my Mother's Day breakfast in bed:
I awoke to the sounds - and smells - of Macey attempting pancakes, bless her huge heart. Her efforts did not have the outcome that she desired, so strawberry Frosted Mini Spooners it was.

Suddenly I feel the need to apologize to the poor three people who follow me on Instagram for all of these Insta-regurgitated photos. It's just that they upload so quickly!

This may very well be my last blog post from sunny southern Utah. I am so tired of being in a different state from my husband, I can't even put the tiredness into words. In seven days my children and I are making the cross-country trek to join my husband in Louisville. It is a 25 hour drive. Four children. One adult. I am severely outnumbered. Please pray for us.

Oh yeah, and here's what I wrote this week at St. George News. It's about a new law that allows bikes and motorcycles to turn left at red lights. Sorry I've only been linking to these sporadically. I'm lazy, but admit it - you love that about me. That, and my hot pink toenail polish.

Speaking of hot pink toenail polish - if you were my mom you would know why that applies - here is what I wrote last week for Mother's Day. You should read it. But don't, like, ignore your kids to read it. That would be too ironic.

No comments: