Saturday, September 19, 2009

Change & Rainbow Cake

Yeah, I changed my blog around. And it's making me twitch.


Apparently, I don't handle change very well. See that little white kid hanging all over her mom up there? That's me, the day my little sister Carrie was born. [Check out how white I am! Now stop looking at my legs and sexy diaper.] June 2, 1982. As the story goes, I was so upset about the arrival of the little interloper that I spent that entire day (week...month...) hanging all over my mom. Can you blame me? My world was about to be torn asunder!


For the record, I do not appreciate my world being torn asunder.


{Here's me leaving the computer to eat a bowl of Cheerios and a Little Debbie at 10:30 at night.}


Where was I? Right, world torn asunder... Hmm. Not totally sure where I was going with that. But I really don't like change. Let's talk about something else.


Like cake.


I made this cake for Annie(my niece)'s birthday yesterday and it was crazy. This is not a picture of the cake that I made, it's the picture from the blog that I stole the recipe from. (To quote the author, "Mmm...chemicals.") I made my cake in red, white, and blue in honor of Chilean Independence Day. (What? You didn't celebrate Chilean Independence Day?) Wanna hear how bizarre this recipe is? Here it is:
Crazy Rainbow Cake
Two white cake mixes
3 c. Diet Sprite
FDA-unapproved amounts of food coloring
And that's it. Instead of the food coloring I used Kool Aid. [Do not, I repeat, DO NOT use Kool Aid in this recipe instead of food coloring. I cannot emphasize this enough.] This cake it perfect for someone who's watching their cholesterol (but not sugar or artificial color or empty calories) intake. It would also be perfect for that special someone who has just "come out", if you catch my drift.