Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Life: The Tower of Terror



Tonight I was rifling through old e-mails looking for pictures and I came across this little gem. When I found it I literally laughed out loud at the irony. This was taken about a year ago on the Tower of Terror ride at California Adventure. Have you ever ridden this ride? It's fun! They shoot you up and down really fast in a broken elevator and you can't see what's going on and you laugh riotously and then you want to barf. [Walt would ROLL OVER in his grave. Or in his cryogenic tank.] See how I'm smiling like a doofus? Yeah... I think I can say with confidence that I am no longer handling life's ups and downs with that amount of alacrity (I've been waiting my whole LIFE to use that word in a sentence!). I think my brother-in-law, Manny, has captured the essence of how I've been feeling these past few months. He's the guy in the blue and white striped shirt, clinging to my sister's arm like a little girl (sorry Manny, it's true). Yeah. I feel more like that. Just closing my eyes, hanging on for dear life, dying for the ride to just stop already.
I think I'm struggling with adulthood.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

You hit the nail on the head, life is such a roller coaster. Just know that although the wheels keep turning, the ups and downs aren't quite as tummy turning. Hey, lets go camping!

Kathy Habel said...

Hang in there.

Jewels said...

I love this ride! However, I disagree with Carrie...the ups and downs of raising teens is gut wrenching! Seriously!