Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Why TV is Bad and Some Other Stuff, by Elise Haynes

First, the Other Stuff:
Here is a picture of us in the snow. It snowed in St. George. I am not a fan of the snow. I would like to gift wrap all of the snow that we have received in the last two weeks and mail it to president-elect Obama. And that's all I have to say about that.



Here is a sample of the dialog from our family dinner about a week before Christmas:
DJ: "What did you girls do today?"
Olivia: "We went Christmas shopping at the Bambi store (Sportsman's Warehouse)and bought a puzzle for you."
Me: "We didn't buy you a puzzle. Seriously, we didn't buy a puzzle for you."
Macey (whispering loudly to me): "Yes we did, Mom!" Merry Christmas, DJ.


Now, Why TV is Bad:
I feel like I always confess to my blog. Today is no exception. In the above photograph you see my three children and my niece, Annie Bananie, in their bathing suits in my bathtub eating ham straight from the package and laughing about it. Naughtiness. So here's the confession: my brother-in-law loaned us the first four seasons of the tv show "24" and one thing led to another...yada yada yada... I found the kids in the bathtub with the ham. I blame television for my bad parenting. With the exception of this one year period in which I was addicted to The Office, I am not a huge TV watcher. We don't have cable. But I cannot stop watching stupid 24. So there you have it, everyone, I am not as perfect as you suspected.

4 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

The computer can be equally as bad. I find Kylie into all kinds of trouble when I get online for too long!

Davis' said...

as do i. elise-you are so funny. Thanks for sharing your stories with us.

Kathy Habel said...

Yes of course I remember Olivia and wish you guys were still around!

Rachel Smith said...

So...you gave in to 24 did ya? well, Their not going to get me...nope!I know when to stay away from addictions.(exception: Edward)I'm not even going to start.

I need to get that recipe to you. don't give up on me!