Thursday, April 5, 2012

Eulogy for a dear friend

 Let us all take a moment to reflect over the passing of a dear friend:
The copyright on its bottom said 1986. There were many good years when it graced the headboard of my oldests sister's water bed, until finally it made its way into my cupboard and my life. This Smurf mug brought me a lot of happiness. It met its demise surrounded by family and friends when it was accidentally pushed into the sink during a family potluck. You will be greatly missed, Smurf mug, particularly during Stephen's Hot Cocoa season.

That's all for today. I just couldn't throw it into the trash without saying a few words.

Oh yeah, I also wrote this. You should read it. Happy Easter, everyone!

2 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

I TOTALLY REMEMBER SUSAN "STOP THE INSANITY!!!" LADY!!!

This is the happiest day of my life, Elise.

We are friends.

Amen.

P.S. Sorry about the smurf. Sad.

Jenn said...

So does this mean you still love me when you come to my house and it wreaks of 3 day old dishes and you hear the crunch of cheerios under your feet and see my month old pile of "to file" papers on my island and?!?!?!? And does this mean I should still love myself too?!?!



Sweet!